How to Request Assistance

The Mental Disabilities Board of Visitors is available to help people who receive services from mental health facilities or from the Intensive Behavioral Center.

To request assistance with issues related to:

  • Board of Visitors responsibilities and authority for site inspections and public mental health services,
  • Full-time legal counsel at the Montana State Hospital, contact Craig Fitch.
  • Advocacy at Montana State Hospital, contact Vera Haffey.
  • Intensive Behavioral Center, Boulder, MT (previously Montana Developmental Center), contact Jeremy Hoscheid at 406-444-5278.

Informal Help

The most common kind of assistance the Mental Disabilities Board of Visitors provides is to help people resolve complaints against or disagreements and problems communicating with mental health providers.

Formal Grievances

The Mental Disabilities Board of Visitors also helps consumers to work through formal grievances with mental health providers. This kind of assistance can include attending grievance hearings with consumers and helping consumers explain their complaints to mental health providers.

Board of Visitors Grievance Form

Treatment-Related Rights in Montana Law

The Mental Disabilities Board of Visitors helps people who believe their treatment rights have been violated.

Mental Health

Intensive Behavioral Center